The Avalon Hotel FAQ
Q: How far are you from the shops and restaurants?
A: We’re about a three minute walk from Avalon’s restaurants and shopping.
Q: Do you have a restaurant in the hotel?
A: We do not have a restaurant on site, but Avalon has a wide range of restaurants.
Q: Will I need to present anything when I check in?
A: You will need to present a valid driver’s license or identification card as well as a valid credit card for incidentals. Unless arrangements have been made in advance, you will also need to present the credit card used to make the reservation. If you have any questions, please call the hotel directly.
Q: Do you have a shuttle?
A: We do not have a shuttle, but we offer complimentary taxi service to and from the boat.
Q: Can you rent golf carts by the day?
A: Golf cart rentals are only available by the hour from the two companies on the island that offer that service.
Q: How do I get to the boat terminal from the airport?
A: Private shuttle service or taxi services are available for hire. Karmel.com is a favorite.
Q: How many beds are in the rooms?
A: Most of our rooms offer one bed, although some rooms have a murphy bed option.
Q: Can we use the BBQ?
A: Unfortunately due to health code regulations the barbecue is not available for guest use.
Q: Can we bring food/alcohol to the room and roof top deck?
A: You are welcome to bring beverages and food to the roofdeck. We ask that out of consideration for our other guests that you please keep the area tidy.
Q: Are there any other policies I should be aware of?
• Check-in is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
• The Avalon’s rooms and indoor spaces are non-smoking.
• Please don’t burn candles.
• Rooms are on upper floors and the building does not have an elevator or bell services.
• Pets are not allowed at The Avalon Hotel
• Rates are subject to government taxes.
• The rooftop deck is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Rates are subject to change without notice.
• Weekend reservations require a two-night stay and holiday weekend reservations require a minimum three-night stay.
• Deposit policy: You will be charged one night’s room charges plus tax 30 days before you check in. If booking on a 3rd party site, the first night is charged at booking time. Some packages will be charged in full when you make the reservation.
• Cancellation policy: If you have to cancel within 30 days, you’ll be assessed a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations made within seven days of your stay will be charged the first night’s stay.
• Packages and extras will be obligated to the cancellation policies of the vendors and partner businesses.